David Parker dparker
Mon Apr 24 06:15:51 PDT 2006
1.1.5-RC2

We have a fairly high transaction rate on database in which we have
slony installed. In some of our load-testing we are ending up with ~400K
records in the sl_log_1 table within the default SLON_CLEANUP_SLEEP.
Since we have to limit disk usage as much as possible for this
particular database, we would like to reduce the cleanup interval to
limit the growth of that table, but I don't see any way to configure
this.

My current plan is just to use an environment variable, and hack our
copy of the code to be aware of it. Is there an already-supported,
easier way to configure this that I have just missed?

Also, I'd like to hear any caveats/warnings about lower bound limits for
this value, e.g. in which situations the possibility of deadlock
somewhere arises, etc.

Thanks in advance.

- DAP
David Parker    Tazz Networks