David Parker dparker
Fri Apr 21 09:50:49 PDT 2006
1.1.5-RC2

I have a single node in which I have a replication environment
installed, and a replication set defined, but with no subscribers to the
node. As I add data, the sl_log_1 table keeps getting larger. I see
messages in the slon log that the cleanup thread is running, but it is
not deleting from the log table.

Trying to track this down, I'm extracting sql statements from the
cleanup thread code to try running against the database, but I can't
seem to get the syntax correct for a SELECT statement with "where
log_xid = x" - I get errors about not being able to cast xid to integer,
etc. - I'm looking in the event table to get these xids, but I clearly
need to cast them somehow to work in the query, and I can't figure out
how to do this. This is probably a generic postgres usage question, but
I'm trying to track down the problem mentioned above, so any hints would
be appreciated.

- DAP
David Parker    Tazz Networks