Jan Wieck JanWieck
Thu Apr 20 05:53:31 PDT 2006
On 4/20/2006 2:24 AM, Ian Burrell wrote:

> On 4/19/06, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info> wrote:
>> Ian Burrell wrote:
>> >
>> > We didn't notice the node1 slon was down until a few hours later.  I
>> > started the node1 slon daemon which inserted SYNC events.  The slave
>> > slon daemon then started processing the SYNC events and trying to
>> > transfer data.  Since the data connection had failed and the slave
>> > slon daemons started failing.  I noticed the error and restart all the
>> > slon daemons which fixed the problem.

 From the CVS log for src/slon/remote_worker.c:

revision 1.86.2.5
date: 2005/10/08 19:37:29;  author: wieck;  state: Exp;  lines: +10 -1
Check existing provider DB connection in sync event processing.
A DB connection loss during fetching of log rows does not cause
the database connection to be dropped within the helper thread.
This was able to cause a dead connection to stall replication.

This fix was released with version 1.1.2.

Jan