David Parker dparker
Thu Apr 13 13:27:41 PDT 2006
Is there a definitive listing somewhere of which commands *should* be
used in conjunction with WAIT FOR EVENT?

We have a case where a SET DROP TABLE script was generated, and the
developer followed that up with another TRY-block in which he put a WAIT
FOR EVENT, which I would expect to always time out because it's inside a
TRY-block, but it seems to work most of the time, anyway, except for
(seemingly) random cases where it *does* time-out.

Do we need a WAIT FOR EVENT for commands like SET DROP TABLE and MERGE
SET?
Should a WAIT FOR EVENT inside a TRY-block *always* time-out, or can it
work in certain circumstances?

- DAP
David Parker    Tazz Networks