Marco Canderle marcocanderle
Tue Apr 4 11:58:13 PDT 2006
On 4/4/06, Glen Eustace <geustace at godzone.net.nz> wrote:

> How can I clean up my database by hand so that I can re-install ?
> -

Hi Glen,

I don't know if this is advisable for a working database, but for my test
databases I have started over again many times. What I do is simple: I drop
(cascade) the schema Slony creates when you first set up all the replication
system. For example if the schema created by slony is _slony_example1, I run
this script in the psql console: drop schema _slony_example1 cascade;

This drops the slony information and leaves the database clean of slony
"things". then you can start from the beginning with slony. As I said, I
CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT THIS WON'T HARM YOUR DATABASE, but I haven't had any
problem at all with my database after droping the slony schema manually.
Anyway, if you do this, be sure to try it first in a TEST server NOT IN THE
REAL ONE. I don't think you will have problems but..however:

Does anyone knows if there is a potential problem if you do this?

--
Marco A. Canderle
marcocanderle at gmail.com