Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Mon Sep 26 16:20:45 PDT 2005
Jan Wieck <JanWieck at Yahoo.com> writes:
> On 9/23/2005 12:03 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:
>
>> Feature request #1389 outlines a "clone a database" approach which
>> should in principle speed up the reconstruction.
>
> Did anyone actually do some timing tests with the bulk index build
> after copying the data? I am not sure that there is that much more to
> gain.

The bulk index builds are indeed a significant improvement.

The thing is, "clone database" should allow this to take place
somewhat quicker, and pointedly without the need for there to be any
long running transactions.

It could well be that it's unworthwhile; that won't be known for sure
until it is tried.  I haven't had time yet to try...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>