Deon van der Merwe dvdm
Sun Sep 18 17:15:32 PDT 2005
Hi,

We have a master and 4 slave servers running Slony1 on a LAN.  Everything is
working great, except for one thing:
- each of the slon processes runs on its own server
- they each run in an endless loop, so that they can always start again for
whatever reason
- we had do a reboot of the master server
- after the reboot, all the slaves reconnected
- the problem is this: the actual replication of data stopped.  With a
restart of the slon process on every slave the replication started to work
again.

My question this is:
- what is the expected behavior for the above scenario?
- I need to investigate some more... What can/should/must I check in order
to find out why this is happened?  That is if I am able to repeat it!
- I will need to find out if I can repeat what happened...

We are running on FC4 (so that is PostgreSQL 8.0.3) on all the servers using
Slony-I 1.1.0.