Jim Archer jim
Thu Sep 15 07:17:17 PDT 2005
--On Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:29 PM +1000 Philip Warner
<pjw at rhyme.com.au> wrote:

> Origin seems fine; everything just rolls back & aborts.
>
> No corruption that I have seen.
>
> Recovery is impossible without changes to slon (or deleting the big log
> entry, but that's got its own problems).
>
> Restarting slon does not help (except in some cases where is was
> restoring a group of events, and can get through some of them each time,
> apparently).

Hi Philip and thanks for the reply.  I have been doing testing and have had
a cluster running for several days now, but not with any really big
transactions.  My use does occasionally have very big transactions, bigger
than the 8,000 records I think you said you tried.  I guess I'll be doing
some more testing before installing this on my production machines.

Thanks very much for the heads up!

Jim