Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Thu Sep 8 19:59:38 PDT 2005
Sebastian K?hner <skuehner at veraza.com> writes:
> Does anyone of you have an example to reconfigure node 1 after a failover? I
> read that you have to setup it as a slave. How do I setup a slave? Is there
> any command for that?

How did you set up all the other nodes that are subscribing???

Recreating the node involves...

 1.  Dropping the former node 1 from the cluster's configuration

     DROP NODE ();

 2.  Dropping Slony-I config from that node

     UNINSTALL NODE ();

 3.  Creating the node afresh, just like any new node

     STORE NODE ();
     STORE PATH ();   ### to indicate how it is to communicate
     STORE LISTEN (); ### needful before version 1.1.0...

 4.  Presumably, at this point, you already have replication sets
     operating, and just need to tell the new node to subscribe
     to them.

     SUBSCRIBE SET ();

There appears to be some possible confusion if node #1 gets re-used;
it's not clear why, though some suspicion lies in the fact that Slonik
request often default to be passed via "node #1."

I'd be inclined to set up any cluster I create to NOT have a node #1
as a result.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>