Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Mon Oct 17 19:13:52 PDT 2005
Jim Archer <jim at archer.net> writes:
> I was just wondering if 1.1.2 will address the big record issue that
> causes the sloan daemons to run out of memory?

No, not directly I don't think.  It'll take more thought to resolve
it.

In the short term, if you have problems with this, then you'll want to
modify slon.h:

#undef	SLON_CHECK_CMDTUPLES

#ifdef	SLON_CHECK_CMDTUPLES
#define SLON_COMMANDS_PER_LINE		1
#define SLON_DATA_FETCH_SIZE		100
#define SLON_WORKLINES_PER_HELPER	(SLON_DATA_FETCH_SIZE * 4)
#else
#define SLON_COMMANDS_PER_LINE		10
#define SLON_DATA_FETCH_SIZE		10
#define SLON_WORKLINES_PER_HELPER	(SLON_DATA_FETCH_SIZE * 50)
#endif

If you are running into problems with excessively large records, then
you'll need to change this to something like the following:

--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>