Jim Kunkel jkunkel
Thu Nov 24 06:23:07 PST 2005
We have a couple of dozen postgresql / apache servers running on LAN's for a client.  These are scattered around the country.  Presently, we pg_dump the databases once a day and rsync the files to a central backup.

I would like to provide a read-only copy of the databases on a central server, so individual site data could be queried and analyzed centrally, but not changed and pushed back out.

The overview documentation indicates that Slony is intended to be a single master to multiple slaves.  Can multiple masters replicate to many separate slave databases running on a single server?

Thanks in advance,
Jim