Philippe Ferreira phil.f
Tue Nov 1 22:50:25 PST 2005

>>I was thinking about the eventual corruption of a database, not of
>>PostgreSQL.
>>If a database happens to be corrupted, only this one need failover. In
>>the case of a huge database,
>>everything is concerned by the failure (and by the failover
>>procedure !), which is a pain...
>>

>I see. The reasonable thing to do is have each users worth of tables
>replicated independently using multiple sets. Sets work individually and
>can be failed over or replicated independently of each-other.

Ok. I didn't know that it was possible to do this with sets !
But, is it possible to have tables with the same name in different
schemas ?
If this is the case, how to tell Slony from which schema to take a table
of a given name ?

And what about the migration to another server ? Is it posible to
reconfigure a set to point to another slave node ??

Thank you a lot !

Philippe Ferreira.