Andrew Sullivan ajs
Wed May 18 15:13:11 PDT 2005
On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 01:24:22PM -0400, Nugent, Brian wrote:
> I need a replication system for PostgreSQL.  I have laptops that
> spend 4 to 5 days off of the network at a time.  Will slony1 work
> with a mobile work force?

Maybe.  If you use the log shipping replication, you ought to be able
to do this (it's in 1.1, now in beta).  But this is _one way_,
understand: you can't have them changing data in the field, and
replicatiing it backwards (or rather, you can't do that on the same
table).

> Also, what is the maximum object size that slony1 will handle?

I'm not sure I understand this question.  Internally, it uses libpq,
so there shouldn't be any limits you don't already have; but it
doesn't do large objects, note.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland