Chris Hoover revoohc
Mon May 16 18:38:51 PDT 2005
I have a questions about slony1.

1.  Are there any rpm's available for it?  I'm running redhat 2.1 in
production, and looking at redhat 4.0 for our next upgrade cycle.  We
are really trying to get away from compiling "system" level programs,
and using rpms for them.  If we were to use slony1, we would really
prefer to install from a standard rpm and not have to worry about
installing the compilers and other development rpms on our production
db servers.

2.  Can slony1 replicate the data between different version of
Postgresql?  We are currently running 7.3.4 in production, but are
looking at 8.0 for during the next upgrade cycle.  Would it be
possible to use slony1 to replicate between the 2 servers (assuming
identical schema's) and then switch our users to the 8.0 server when
ready?

3.  We have each of our customers in a different database for security
reasons.  How much overhead is there in running slony1?  Most db
servers have 20 or less db's on them.  However we do have atleast 1
server with 150+ db's on it.

thanks,

Chris