Scott Marlowe smarlowe
Tue May 10 23:43:59 PDT 2005
On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 17:29, Matthew Rich wrote:
> Yeh, that's pretty much the same problem I'm having (upgrade script is
> pretty much the same, too).  I found that if you drop all of your
> constraints on the slave schema when you import it (before initializing
> the node), you might get a bit farther but that's just a work around;
> you're just avoiding the fact that for some reason postgres seems to
> think that some triggers are deferred when they actually aren't.
>
> Very difficult to debug since this only happens at commit--so you can't
> go through the script by hand then rollback (that always works:).  Still
> poking around the postgres code to figure out why it is doing that.

I think I may have found the cause.  It has to do with importing the
database with a slony schema in it, and dropping that schema, and that
somehow creating an empty type or something.  I'll investigate more
tomorrow and let you guys know what i find.

LOG entry:

NOTICE:  type "_statistic.xxid" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
NOTICE:  argument type _statistic.xxid is only a shell
NOTICE:  type "_statistic.xxid_snapshot" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
NOTICE:  argument type _statistic.xxid_snapshot is only a shell

Thanks for the help so far...