Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Thu May 5 16:37:11 PDT 2005
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> I'm experiencinga a problem with beta2. Compilation fails, since SGML
> patch does not seem there (although it's there in CVS version).

Beta 2 is as of Friday, and there have been quite a number of changes in
the last two days, so you definitely want to go after CVS at the moment.

> Also, RPM builds (make rpm and my spec file) fail, due to this patch:
>
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/slony1-commit/2005-May/000539.html
>
> Is it a must? I tried to specify DESTDIR in spec.in, however makefile
> does not seem to recognise it. Tried to find out a solution, but could
> not succeed.
>
> Here is my configure line:
>
>  ./configure --bindir /usr/bin --libdir /usr/lib/pgsql --includedir
> /usr/include/pgsql --datadir /usr/share/pgsql --sysconfdir=/etc -
> --with-pgsharedir=/usr/share/pgsql --with-perltools
>
> But the binaries that are under tools/altperl are installed on
> /usr/local/bin.

The problem you seem to be having is that --with-perltools has been
changed to require a value.

You need something like --with-perltools=/usr/bin or
---with-perltools=/usr/share/pgsql  or something...