Josh Berkus josh
Fri Mar 4 21:02:34 PST 2005
Chris,

> Is there some old transaction lingering around perhaps <IDLE in
> transaction>?

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of.  No.    What else would cause
this?   I'm at kind of a loss on why Postgres can't free up the rows.

> That table will presumably need a VACUUM FULL when you get a chance.
> (That will slow replication while it's running, but shouldn't have much
> impact on users; it doesn't block inserts into replicated tables...)

Will try, but I'm afraid that something is still blocking on the table.

BTW, what process is it that requires an ExclusiveLock on pg_listener?

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus		       Consultant