sarlav kumar sarlavk
Tue Mar 1 15:11:06 PST 2005
Hi,

I have a table "id_code_translation" with the
following schema:
id - integer, not null default nextval
('public.id_code_translation_id_seq'::text)

identity_id - integer
response_code - character varying(4)
description - character varying(100)
match - boolean

"$1" FOREIGN KEY (identity_id) REFERENCES
identity_entity(id)

I added this table to a replication set with id as
candidate key. When I initialised the cluster, I got
the following error message:

<stdin>:43: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select
"_ikobo_test1".determineIdxnameUnique('public.id_code_translation',
'id');  - ERROR:  Slony-I: table
public.id_code_translation has no unique index id

As "id" is serial, is it not by default unique? Do I
need to add unique constraints on serial fields so
that they can be used as candidate keys?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Saranya