Magnus Hagander mha
Tue Jul 26 19:20:42 PDT 2005
Hi!

Attached is a patch that refactors slon a tiny bit, by creating
functions SlonyMain() and SlonyWatchdog() for the two branches of the
fork() command. It makes the code a little bit more readable from an
#ifdef WIN32 perspective, but mainly it's a bit of groundwork for
upcoming service integration code.

It also contains a bundle of changes to correct a previous error in some
win32 code that was committed with invalid line endings (don't ask me
how that happened - Dave, perhaps you need to verify how your cvs client
is set up? I recall this happening once on the pginstaller project as
well, sometime in the beginning?). I'm not sure if that'll actually be
fixed through this patch (when I apply it to my linux box, patch happily
ignores the changes), but it needs to be fixed in the repo somehow. If
nothing else, the patch shows where the problem is :-)
(slon builds fine even with the bad line endings in there, but it screws
up line numbering in gcc - different line numbers in error messages than
in the actual file...)

//Magnus