Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Tue Jul 26 16:58:46 PDT 2005
Jan Wieck wrote:

> On 7/25/2005 4:38 PM, Thomas F. O'Connell wrote:
>
>> I was attempting to look up something in an old Slony tarball and
>> got  a "Forbidden" page when attempting to download anything in the
>> old_files directory:
>>
>> http://developer.postgresql.org/~wieck/slony1/download/old_files/
>> slony1-1.0.3.tar.gz
>

> Both, 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 are badly broken tarballs that unfortunately
> were uploaded and briefly available before we noticed it. They are not
> available for download on purpose.
>
> If you really, really, badly need to have a slony version that is
> known to "eat your data", use the anonymous CVS access to checkout one
> of these versions :-)

I didn't think it was quite "eat your data" broken; I seem to recall:
1. Discovering a makefile problem on FreeBSD, and
2. Discovering a fix to a race condition that it looked real worthwhile
to fix...

I suppose there are multiple perspectives available on #2 :-).

At any rate, they instantly became uninteresting when 1.0.5 was released...