Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Tue Jul 26 16:56:21 PDT 2005
Victoria Parsons wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want ot handle the case where a slave node may change its IP
> address. I will be informed by the slave so I don't have to detect it.
> I could do it be dropping the node completely, then readding with new
> conninfo, but that seems like overkill.
>
> Can I do it just with stopping slon daemon for this node, use slonik
> DROP PATH, STORE PATH, and restarting slon daemon for this node?

Dropping the node is overkill, to be sure.

You don't really even need to DROP PATH; you should just need to STORE
PATH with the new address.

You might need to restart slons for other nodes; I don't recall whether
things are smart enough for them to automagically drop and restart the
connection to the new IP.  Mind you, since the old address they were
using has probably died, that might "glitch" things enough for them to
restart.

I'd be inclined to "cycle" the slons, myself...