Jan Wieck JanWieck
Tue Jul 26 14:32:17 PDT 2005
On 7/25/2005 11:21 AM, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> There is no multi master solution for PostgreSQL - at all AFAIK.  What
> you want is impossible unless you wait no small amount of time for Slony II.

I am not even sure that Slony-II will be a solution for Andy. It is
planned as a synchronous multimaster system and that will naturally suck
big times in a WAN setup with network roundtrip times hundreds of times
what you can expect in a gigabit or better LAN.

What would be required here is some asynchronous multimaster with
conflict resolution. I am not aware of any existing solution like that.

Jan