Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Wed Jul 20 22:25:20 PDT 2005
Jan Wieck <JanWieck at Yahoo.com> writes:

> On 7/19/2005 2:55 PM, Ian Burrell wrote:
>
>> We have a three node slony cluster.  Two of the slon daemons for the
>> slave nodes have large memory usage: virtual size of 2991 MB and 2214
>> MB.  Luckily, the machine has 16 GB of RAM. These are 32-bit processes
>> and only have 3 GB of virtual memory per process so they are getting
>> close to running out of their own memory.
>
> This is very unusual. I have not seen slon processes over 30MB size
> thus far.
>
> What are the exact version numbers of slon and libpq? Is there
> anything special about the database (huge tuple sizes for example)?

Rod Taylor indicated that he ran into this sort of problem with his
"Slony-I with PostgreSQL 7.2" frankenstein system; this was the case
when catching up after replicating a Truly Enormous Set.

It would be quite interesting to see what it is that is occupying all
that memory.  Big processes surprise me too...

Are those subscribers way behind, such that the groups of SYNCs being
processed are rather large?
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>