Thomas Pundt mlists
Thu Jul 14 08:23:39 PDT 2005
Hi,

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 18:11, Nuno Santos wrote:
| After some trial and error I arrived to the following sequence of calls
| to stored procedures:
|
| select _ns.ddlscript(1, 'create table public.t (f VARCHAR(20) PRIMARY
| KEY);', 0);
| select _ns.storeset(2, 'Temp set');
| select _ns.setAddTable (2, 999, 'public.t', 't_pkey', 'New table');
| select _ns.subscribeset(2, 1, 2, false);
| select _ns.mergeset(1, 2);
|
| I'm using stored procedures because my goal is to add tables
| programatically, using JDBC or ODBC.
[...]
| Seems like a concurrency bug.
[...]
| Is this really a bug or am I doing something wrong? I would also
| appreciate any comments on the way I'm adding tables dynamically to a
| set. I wasn't able to find any example of how to do it, so I'm not sure
| if there isn't a better way.

I'd rather call it a concurrency bug with your procedure; you have to
wait for the slave to acknowledge the operations. Slonik therefore
provides the "wait for event" command.

Ciao,
Thomas Pundt

--
Dr. Thomas Pundt <thomas.pundt at rp-online.de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----
fon: +49 211 5051920 - fax: +49 211 5051001991