Jan Wieck JanWieck
Thu Jul 7 17:21:32 PDT 2005
On 7/7/2005 11:54 AM, Joe Markwardt wrote:
> Greetings all,
> 	I'm posting this question here per suggestion from Tom Lane on the
> postgres-general mailing list.
>
> The thread on the postgres list:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-07/msg00126.php
>
> 	Basically what lead up to this was I needed to drastically change the
> structure of the pl_inventory_analyzer_files_table so I dropped the
> table from replication, dropped and recreated it on the provider with no
> problems, went to drop and recreate it on the subscriber and got the
> error in the subject.
>
> 	So I guess what I'm looking for is how to fix this error so I can drop
> the table, recreate it and get on with life. Hopefully without dropping
> the entire subscriber node and re-subscribing.  Course if I have to do
> that I may as well make the jump from 1.05 to 1.1 at the same time :)

Did you just throw the DDL via psql at the databases or did you do it
with the appropriate slonik command?

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/genpage.php?slonik_commands#stmt_ddl_script

In case you didn't know about execute script, you probably are best off
to use "uninstall node" for all nodes and reinstall slony from scratch.

Jan