Hannu Krosing hannu
Thu Jul 7 12:29:22 PDT 2005
On N, 2005-07-07 at 11:18 +0530, Ajay Dalvi wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Is there any way so that we can make database operations on slave nodes
> when they are subscribed to a set for replication.
>
> I am having this need because, when we start slon process, replication
> goes on , on continuous basis. And when we subscribe a partcular slave
> node for replication, we can not able to make database operations on
> slave nodes except retriving data( i.e. select queries).
>
> So is there any way so that we can make database operations( like
> insert,delete update operations) while slave node is subscribe for
> replication?

You can't changed the tables that are subscribed, as that will make the
tables *not* be exact replicas of master.

You can do anything you want on slave nodes on the tables that are not
subscribed.

Or you can make use of the replication via SQL shipping (new in slony
1.1), in which case the slave tables are not locked in any way.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu at skype.net>