Sven Willenberger sven
Wed Jul 6 17:04:17 PDT 2005
FreeBSD 5.4-Stable
PostgreSQL 8.0.3
slony 1.1.0

One of our nodes underwent a hard reboot (powerloss, reconnect, etc) and
upon slony trying to restart the logfiles show the error message
"Another slon daemon is serving this node already" and then shut down.
Per the FAQs I wrote a quick script to "restart node x" which fixed the
problem.

The reason I bring this up is the the footnote to this FAQ entry says
"As of version 1.0.5, the startup process of slon looks for this
condition, and automatically cleans it up." -- in this case it did not.
Not sure why it failed to "self clean" or how to actually troubleshoot
this, but I did want to bring it to the group's attention at least.

Sven