cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info cbbrowne
Sat Jul 2 14:17:41 PDT 2005
> Hi,
>
> I tried to replicate the pgbench example as described in the tutorial.
> However I get an error when I start slon on the slave node. Can
> anybody tell me if I've done something wrong or if this is a slon bug?
>
> When I run
>
> slon $CLUSTERNAME "dbname=$SLAVEDBNAME user=$REPLICATIONUSER
> host=$SLAVEHOST password=passwd"
>
> that's what I get:
>
> DEBUG2 remoteWorkerThread_1: SYNC 1087 processing
> DEBUG2 remoteWorkerThread_1: syncing set 1 with 0 table(s) from provider 1

Based just on the last line, I can point to the issue.

The problem is that you set up a subscription to a replication set that
involves no tables at all.

There is a pathology there that if you aren't replicating any tables, the
query that looks for table data fails in much the manner that you see.

We haven't looked to fixing it because it's kind of a silly case;
replication is arguably NOT broken because you're not replicating any
tables.

You'll presumably have to unsubscribe set 1 and create a new set that
actually *does* have tables in it.