Andrew Sullivan ajs
Mon Jan 31 11:38:06 PST 2005
On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 10:35:17AM +0000, John Sidney-Woollett wrote:

> I think that the slon_watchdog2 script queries the database to see
> whether the node is working properly - is this the best approach?

It's a good approach in that it checks not only whether the daemon is
listening, but also whether it's actually working.  The latter
question is not a trivial one -- if something is wrong, you want to
know it sooner rather than later.   The watchdog also logs in a way
designed to be convenient for Nagios.  Chris can provide more
details.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?
		--attr. John Maynard Keynes