Fiel Cabral e4696wyoa63emq6w3250kiw60i45e1
Fri Jan 28 23:46:11 PST 2005
I'm asking because one of the HOWTOs contained this:
"Slony-I does not yet automatically copy table definitions from a master when a
slave subscribes to it, so we need to import this data.  We do this with
pg_dump."

I have two nodes. Node 1 is the master and it has the database
containing the data to be replicated. Node 2 is the slave and it has
the database with identical table definitions but the tables are all
empty. Is it necessary to run pg_dump to copy the *data* from node 1
to node 2 before initializing node 2 as a slave? Or will slony copy
the data by itself?

Thanks. Have a good weekend.

-Fiel Cabral