David Parker dparker
Thu Jan 27 23:44:05 PST 2005
Sigh. OK. Can you point me to where exactly that code is? I see a delete
from sl_log_1 in cleanupThread_main, but I'm not sure when that gets
invoked?

It just seems like you should be able to say that these 2 nodes
subscribe to the same set, but don't care about each other. It's
replication without failover semantics. I realize the log shipping is
designed to address this, but I'm not quite seeing why the listening
relationships could not be made lighter....

Of course, there's plenty that I don't understand, so I probably just
need to blunder around in the code for a while hurting myself before I
realize why things have to be the way they are!

Thanks.

- DAP