Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Thu Jan 27 21:09:17 PST 2005
"David Parker" <dparker at tazznetworks.com> writes:
> Well I certainly look forward to hearing more about log shipping,
> and paddling around with it when some building code is available.
>
> In the meantime, given that I have fairly short time-frame, I guess
> I'm back to my original question about these listeners:
>
> If I have a MASTER and subscribers A and B, and I know that neither
> A nor B will ever become the set origin, do A and B strictly need to
> listen to each other? I see in the code where slon at different
> points is waiting for syncs from other nodes, but I haven't figured
> out yet what bad thing happens if no listen record exists for a
> given node pair.

Yeah, there is indeed a "bad thing."

You'll discover, if you do this, that since events from A never make
it to B, B gets no confirmation that A has replicated what it ought to
have, so B will never get around to cleaning out old sl_log_1 entries.
And vice-versa...

This won't bite you on day 1, or necessarily by day 10.
--
"cbbrowne","@","ca.afilias.info"
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>