Steve Simms steve
Wed Jan 26 20:50:29 PST 2005
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Darcy Buskermolen wrote:

>>> If they are put in some subdirectory, e.g. $PGHOME/share/slony1/scripts,
>>> that seems reasonable to me.
>>
>> For the executable files, I'd like to have them in the path somewhere by
>> default, or have a configuration switch that will let me put them there.
>> I'm much less concerned about the library location, as long as the scripts
>> know where to look.
>
> Once we have decided on a path i can add a make install target.

For slon_*, I'd suggest whatever bindir happens to be.  I'm less comfortable
about putting the rest of them there, though, until we figure out what they
should be called, since it's not necessarily clear that they're
Slony-related.  They're executables, so I'm not sure "share" is the best
place, either, looking at the definitions in configure.

Incidentally, Slony's configure has --bindir (user executables) and
--sbindir (system admin executables) options, but it doesn't look like it
actually uses the latter.  Is that correct?

--
Steve Simms <steve at deefs.net>
http://www.deefs.net