Alan Hodgson ahodgson
Wed Jan 12 16:54:10 PST 2005
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 07:40:21AM -0500, David Parker wrote:
> Oh, if I changed my oid fields to bytea, slony could replicate them?
>
> I have to look into whether bytea would work for our app, of course - I
> haven't used it before, but having those puppies slony-replicated would
> be a huge help to me....

If you're just doing small images, you could also just base-64 them and
stick them in a text field.  From what I understand, the biggest advantage
of the lo interface is avoiding the query parser, but for small files
that shouldn't matter much.

--
How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand...