Steve Simms steve
Wed Jan 5 16:16:38 PST 2005
Chris has written:

<quote>
Most of them generate Slonik scripts that are then to be passed on to the
slonik utility to be submitted to all of the Slony-I nodes in a particular
cluster. At one time, this embedded running slonik on the slonik scripts.
Unfortunately, this turned out to be a pretty large calibre "foot gun,"
as minor typos on the command line led, on a couple of occasions, to pretty
calamitous actions, so the behaviour has been changed so that the scripts
simply submit output to standard output. An administrator should review the
slonik script before submitting it to Slonik.
</quote>

Could we perhaps meet in the middle by adding an "--execute" option to the
scripts (off by default) that will allow the scripts to be run?  It's a pain
to have to copy the output to one or more files (depending on the command)
and then run them through slonik -- that's a large part of why I want the
scripts in the first place.

(I'm volunteering to add this option, if that helps.)  :-)

Thoughts anyone?  Good idea, Bad idea?

--
Steve Simms <steve at deefs.net>
http://www.deefs.net