sarlav kumar sarlavk
Tue Jan 4 20:56:38 PST 2005
Hi All,

Some one please help me with the merge set problem I posted earlier.

I have a new problem now. I am getting an error when I try to replicate a set of two tables from the database "test" to the database "test_slave". The data does not get replicated from the "test" database to the "test_slave" database.

slon $CLUSTERNAME "dbname=$SLAVEDBNAME user=$REPLICATIONUSER host=$SLAVEHOST"

CONFIG main: slon version 1.0.5 starting up
CONFIG main: local node id = 2
CONFIG main: loading current cluster configuration
CONFIG storeNode: no_id=1 no_comment='Master Node'
CONFIG storePath: pa_server=1 pa_client=2 pa_conninfo="dbname=test host=localhost user=postgres" pa_connretry=10
CONFIG storeListen: li_origin=1 li_receiver=2 li_provider=1
CONFIG storeSet: set_id=1 set_origin=1 set_comment='Test tables'
WARN   remoteWorker_wakeup: node 1 - no worker thread
CONFIG storeSubscribe: sub_set=1 sub_provider=1 sub_forward='f'
WARN   remoteWorker_wakeup: node 1 - no worker thread
CONFIG main: configuration complete - starting threads
CONFIG enableNode: no_id=1
WARN   remoteWorkerThread_1: transactions earlier than XID 204763 are still in progress
WARN   remoteWorkerThread_1: data copy for set 1 failed - sleep 15 seconds

Files used:
#File: initreplica_test
#!/bin/sh
slonik <<_EOF_
    #--
        cluster name = $CLUSTERNAME;
    #--
        node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$MASTERHOST user=$REPLICATIONUSER';
        node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$SLAVEDBNAME host=$SLAVEHOST user=$REPLICATIONUSER';
    #--
        init cluster ( id=1, comment = 'Master Node');
    #--
        create set (id=1, origin=1, comment='Test tables');
        set add table (set id=1, origin=1, id=1, fully qualified name = 'public.newt', comment='newt table');
        set add table (set id=1, origin=1, id=2, fully qualified name = 'public.newt2', comment='newt2 table');
    #--
        store node (id=2, comment = 'Slave node');
        store path (server = 1, client = 2, conninfo='dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$MASTERHOST user=$REPLICATIONUSER');
        store path (server = 2, client = 1, conninfo='dbname=$SLAVEDBNAME host=$SLAVEHOST user=$REPLICATIONUSER');
        store listen (origin=1, provider = 1, receiver =2);
        store listen (origin=2, provider = 2, receiver =1);
    #--
_EOF_

#File: replicate
#!/bin/sh
slonik <<_EOF_
    # ----
    # This defines which namespace the replication system uses
    # ----
    cluster name = $CLUSTERNAME;

    # ----
    node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$MASTERHOST user=$REPLICATIONUSER';
    node 2 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$SLAVEDBNAME host=$SLAVEHOST user=$REPLICATIONUSER';
    # ----
    # Node 2 subscribes set 1
    # ----
    subscribe set ( id = 1, provider = 1, receiver = 2, forward = no);
_EOF_

After executing the scripts initreplica_test and replicate in that order, I started the slon daemons for replication. But I got the warning mentioned above and the data does not get replicated. I dint have this problem initially. What could be the problem now?

Thanks in advance,
Saranya

PS: The shell variables if needed:

export CLUSTERNAME=test