James Black jfb
Mon Jan 3 21:30:24 PST 2005
Hello, all,

This last weekend I put Slony into production on one of our databases.
Everything went smoothly, but when I checked in on Saturday, I noticed
that a) slony has copied the entire tablespace over to the new database
more than 40 times; b) the load on the subscribing machine was three
times higher than usual; and c) there are 130k events in the sl_event
table, and we're 3 days behind.

I've had this /exact/ same configuration running on our sandbox
machines, even replicating the live data over, and didn't see this
problem.  Did I let people back onto the database too soon?  Is it
possible to punt and start over without taking the database down?

Shamefacedly,
jfb

--
James Felix Black