David Parker dparker
Fri Feb 25 03:17:00 PST 2005
This seems to work:

        idstr := xxidout(NEW.log_xid);
        tx_id := to_number(idstr,\'9999999999\');

but I have no idea if this is the most efficient.....

- DAP

________________________________

	From: slony1-general-bounces at gborg.postgresql.org
[mailto:slony1-general-bounces at gborg.postgresql.org] On Behalf Of David
Parker
	Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:20 PM
	To: slony1-general at gborg.postgresql.org
	Subject: [Slony1-general] xxid -> int

	I want to store some slony transaction data in a table that does
not know about slony types (separate schema, possibly separate database
without slony installed), so I would like to convert an xxid into an
int4. Is this the native type to use? Is there a way I can cast it?

	Thanks.

	- DAP

	David Parker    Tazz Networks    (401) 709-5130