Melvin Davidson mdavidson
Thu Dec 29 15:27:32 PST 2005
>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:08:18 -0800 (PST)
>From: Kiana K <kiana_kk at yahoo.com>
>Subject: [Slony1-general] Slonik : not found
>To: slony1-general at gborg.postgresql.org
>
>Hi ,
>I'm trying to setup the slony in a master/slave but
>when I run the shell program , I'll get the erreor
>message :"slonik not found" . Is anyone konws what can
>I do ?
>Please let me know, as I'm new in postgres and slony.
>Thanks
>Kiana

Check $PGHOME/bin to insure that the slon & slonik binaries are there.
If they are not
it means you did not configure and install slony as instructed in the
steps provided:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/genpage.php?howto_install

Most important, be sure to read the INSTALL file in slony1-1.1.2
directory. If you do
not follow the directions, or specify the options incorrectly, the
problem you experience
could be a symtom.