John Sidney-Woollett johnsw
Thu Dec 22 22:26:31 PST 2005
Thanks for your response.

None of the data rows are wide (as far as I can remember). We don't have
any blob data, and any text fields only contain several hundred bytes at
most (and even those would be rare).

Just stopping and starting the slon process on the slave node doesn't
seem to help much. Stopping postgres on the slave itself seems to be
also required.

I'm wondering if this requirement is due to the continued running of the
slon psocess on the master.

Does it makes sense that shutting down the slave postgres db is
necessary? Or would stopping and restarting ALL slon processes on all
nodes mean that I wouldn't have to stop and restart the slave postgres DB?

Thanks

John