Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Wed Dec 21 22:36:21 PST 2005
Michael Crozier wrote:

>>Conspicuously absent from that list are such hardware platforms as
>>AMD64, SPARC, and operating systems such as Solaris, NetBSD, OpenBSD, or
>>other Linux distributions (e.g. - RHAT/Fedora, where Kerberos issues
>>tend to arise, and SuSE).
>>

>I'm currently running 1.1.5rc2 on Solaris 10 x86-64 on a large and very active
>database in our staging environment, between 7.4.X and 8.0.X.   Due to
>constant activity and long vacuum times, the initial sync is taking a
>significant amount of time and I cannot yet provide much information.
>
>My configuration is quite simple (2 database instances, ~200 tables, ~100
>sequences) and I'll only be testing the initial sync and a move. I could,
>however, perform some specific tests on smaller sets.  In addition to the
>Solaris 10/opteron hardware, I also have Sparc machines with Solaris 9
>available for testing.
>
>michael

Hearing this at least says that it generally works, on Solaris, which is:
a) Not too surprising, since that has usually been a pretty well tested
environment, and
b) Another test report :-).

Let me see about updating the test reports :-).  The x86-64 cases are
now added :-).

Verifying that you can compile and run at least the fairly simple cases
in the "tests" directory goes a pretty long ways...

Thanks for the report!  If there's more by tomorrow, that would be even
more excellent :-)