Christopher Browne cbbrowne
Tue Dec 20 03:54:59 PST 2005
"Marc G. Fournier" <marc at pgsql.com> writes:
> The default is set to 4 in slon.conf ... I just tried to "reduce" it
> to 3 and I got even more logging, so obviously *that* isn't the right
> way to set it ...
>
> Right now, at 4, I'm getting the whole config file spewed out at me
> and into syslog ... what log_level do I want to set things at for
> normal production?
>
> I checked man slon, and it doesn't really say much except what levels
> are available, but it doesn't mention how to get rid of the config
> file from being dump'd to syslog ...

We normally run it at level 2; that's got enough info to be useful,
but doesn't seem to be *totally* gratuitous in logging irrelevancies.

I wouldn't mind filtering out most of the SYNC acknowledgements.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ca.afilias.info" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
<http://dba2.int.libertyrms.com/>