Vivek Khera vivek
Tue Dec 13 19:15:59 PST 2005
On Dec 12, 2005, at 12:03 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:

> At some point, we'd like to migrate to use Subversion; the more of the
> CVS history we can preserve, the happier we will be.  But apparently
> we can't keep waiting for that :-(.

About 18 months ago, we moved from CVS to SVN and used the migration
tools provided.  Everything was preserved, but we never did any
branch/merge under CVS.  All tags and commentary and dates were well
preserved.

The conversion is pretty painless as far as I know.  The only
difficulty will be with people who have uncommitted changes in their
CVS checkout that will have to be manually ported to their SVN checkout.