Andrew Sullivan ajs
Wed Aug 10 15:39:54 PDT 2005
On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 11:13:55AM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:

> Yes, this indicates that there is room for someone to implement an
> asynchronous multimaster replication system with conflict resolution.

This was a long time coming as a followup, but Josh Berkus sketched
the kernel of a way to do this using Slony for me while we were at
OSCON.  I dunno if it'll work, but basically the idea is to expand
the key that the trigger needs to include a serverid.  You'd need
some management tools for this.

He told me that Sybase's answer to conflict resolution in these cases
is that the first one in wins, period.  I don't know I'm comfortable
with that.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.
		--Dennis Ritchie