"Dr. Stéphane Schildknecht" sschildknecht
Wed Sep 8 14:39:33 PDT 2004
Jan Wieck a ?crit :

> On 9/8/2004 4:11 AM, KONE Aguibou wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I am trying to configure a delayed slave with slony-I. I heard I can
>> write a
>> script to handle that. But at the moment I don't really see how to do
>> it.
>> Can anyone help me find the way to delay a slave for say an hour ?
>> Thanks a lot
>

> This functionality is planned, but not implemented in version 1.0.
>
> The way it will be is that a regular, non-delayed replica can create a
> dump, and from there on incremental sql scripts that contain the same
> statements that replay the changes during replication.
>

> Jan

Wouldn't it be possible to add a specific slave whenever one needs to
sync it ?

I mean. I sync my palm. Go to see my clients, and when back home one
week later, add my palm to the nodes to sync it ?

S at S

--
St?phane SCHILDKNECHT

LINAGORA