Hendrik Woltersdorf hendrik.woltersdorf
Wed Sep 1 06:27:23 PDT 2004

Another way (feature request ?):

for other reasons I was looking for a way to enable a subscription without
copying all the data. This can be a quick and dirty work around for
removing a table too.

I made a few changes to 3 source files to introduce a new option to the
slon deamon that means: do not do the initial "delete" and "copy" when
subscribing to a set.
To remove a table from the set:
Stop all database activity on all nodes, unsubscribe from the set, drop the
set and recreate it without the table in question.
Start on all slave nodes the slon with the "do not copy" flag and subscribe
to the new set. Then restart slon in normal mode.

I know, that it is possible, to have different data in the nodes, when
someone makes changes in between. That's the risk of quick and dirty.

regards

Hendrik Woltersdorf

P.S.: If someone is interested in the source code, just ask.

             Christopher
             Browne
             <cbbrowne at ca.afil                                          An
             ias.info>                  Jan Wieck <JanWieck at Yahoo.com>
             Gesendet von:                                           Kopie
             slony1-general-bo          slony1-general at gborg.postgresql.or
             unces at gborg.postg          g
             resql.org                                               Thema
                                        Re: [Slony1-general] remove table
                                        from set [auf Viren geprueft]
             31.08.2004 17:00

Christopher Browne <cbbrowne at ca.afilias.info> writes:
> Thus, on each node, we do:
>   perform schemadoc.alterTableRestore(v_tab_row.tab_id);
>   perform schemadoc.tableDropKey(v_tab_row.tab_id);
>   delete from sl_table where id = tab_id;
>
> I should see if I can do this one; there's a few more components to
> it, but it oughtn't be too bad:

I can verify, after having found need for this [grr...], that this
approach does indeed work.

It may be a while until anyone can get the Round Tuits required to
fully support this from Slonik, but I'll add in documentation on how
to do it "by hand" using the stored procedures.

A procedure for this has been added to "helpitsbroken.txt" in CVS
HEAD.
--
output = reverse("ofni.sailifa.ac" "@" "enworbbc")
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>