Jérémie LOPEZ jlo
Tue Oct 26 13:18:20 PDT 2004
Well, all is said in the subject, but I can clear the question by the fact
that when I first heard of slony, I was told it didn't support sequences
(i.e. the current value of a sequence isn't updated on slaves, so you have
to update it manually before making a master from a slave) ; now that I have
tried slony (which is a real cool project btw :)) and want to get deeper in
its possibilities, I find some interesting slonik commands like SET ADD
SEQUENCE.
So its seems that sequences should be supported (even if there is a
workaround - with MERGE SET - to use to add sequences to a
already-subscribed set) ; but after having done some tests, I can't succeed
in replicating the current value of a sequence.

So? Are the SET * SEQUENCE commands some kind of 'coming soon' commands? Or
am I wrong somewhere?

TIA,

J?r?mie.