Jan Wieck JanWieck
Mon Oct 25 13:12:26 PDT 2004
On 10/25/2004 5:00 AM, Mayur Bhatt wrote:
> hello,
>
> Myself if Mayur Bhatt.
>
> I am facing problem while trying to install new slony1-1.0.5.
> Below I have described what and when happened...
>
> first command ran ok i.e.
>
> ./configure --with-pgsourcetree=/usr/src/postgresql-7.4
>
> Then after the second step i followed is that
>
> gmake all
>
> Here also i got error
>
> cd /usr/src/postgresql-7.4 && ./config.status src/Makefile.global
> config.status: error: invalid argument: src/Makefile.global
> gmake: *** [/usr/src/postgresql-7.4/src/Makefile.global] Error 1
>

> Please suggest me the solution for the installation.

I suggest you actually build the PostgreSQL source tree (./configure and
gmake in /usr/src/postgresql-7.4). Make sure that you call configure in
there with exactly the same options that have been used by the package
maintainer when your binary PostgreSQL package was built (ask pg_config
if in doubt). Also make sure that the tree is exactly the same
PostgreSQL version you have installed (I hope it is not really 7.4)

After that, run ./configure in the Slony directory again and build.

Jan