David Parker dparker
Fri Oct 22 22:04:35 PDT 2004
Hi. Thanks for the response.

>And it doesn't hang at that point when you call slonik with
>the same script from the commandline?

Right. I'm writing a test program to isolate just the script execution
part of my environment. I've checked several times that I don't have any
extraneous Connections left open, but you never know. Though I don't see
how just shelling out to run the script could cause the problem,
particularly since it works for other slonik commands.

>Could it be that any slon process (either the local or a
>remote one) is still connected and has some locks in place?

Yeah, I've checked this. At the point when the process is hung, if I
check the pg_locks table there are only the two pids: one for the hung
process and one for the one I just connected with.

Very strange.

Is there a particular debug switch in postgresql.conf (or via -d to
postmaster) that would some info on what's happening between the

DEBUG:  CommitTransactionCommand
DEBUG:  StartTransactionCommand

statements?

Thanks.