Niels Breet postgres
Fri Oct 22 08:49:46 PDT 2004
> On Thursday October 21 2004 5:39, Ed L. wrote:
>> Attempting to build slony 1.0.4 on ia64 box with HP-UX 11.23...
>>
>> The box has binaries for 7.3.4 via HP's iexpress packages... no source
>> code provided... there is a patch file for use with 7.3.4, but it is a
>> pain, requires an HP compiler we don't have, etc.
>>
>> Is there any way I might be able to build without the src??  Other
>> suggestions?
>
> And I see the 1.0.5 announcement... I grabbed 1.0.4 from CVS.

Well, you could tryout cvs tip of what is going to be 1.1. There we
have made changes to get slony compile against an installed version of
PostgreSQL. I'm very curious to know if it compiles and works for you.

BIG FAT WARNING: Although the slony code is the same as current slony,
this version is not very well tested. So do not use it on data that
is valuable :)

Niels